Friday, December 4, 2009

Why have I just now heard about this book!?


I just
love hearing about new books; especially ones that have recently come out and I had never even known about them. Which book am I talking about, you ask?

The Dresskeeper by Mary Naylus!
It was published on November 27th, just a few days ago.

Summary:

When 13-year-old Picky's Mum forces her to look after Gran, who has dementia, she is accidentally locked in Gran's dusty old attic. There she finds a chest full of old clothes, and tomboy Picky is forced to don what appears to be a ball-gown when the freezing night temperatures hit. As soon as the dress is pinned together, Picky is transported back to the year 1700, where a man who appears to know her as Amelia is trying to kill her. Managing to get the dress off just in time, Picky returns to the present with the dress covered in blood. Did the man kill the girl called Amelia? Will wearing the other dresses in the chest take her back in time too? And will she be in danger again should she try it? "The Dresskeeper" uses a contemporary 13-year-old viewpoint to explore this murder mystery, set in the early 18th Century.

Umm wow, this looks like an awesome book. Why have I just now heard about it? (I saw a review for it on someone's book blog.) Who else wants to read it?? :)

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do :) Its been on my TBR list for a few weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do, too! This sounds interesting!! (I've never heard of it either!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...wow. I am so glad I read this! It's on my TBR pile now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've reviewed it on my blog and it's a really good one! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I'd never heard of it before, but it looks amazing. Thanks for letting me know about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just heard of this last week - doesn't it look AMAZING?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first I've heard about The DressKeeper - and it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!