Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - The Fiction Enthusiast


Saturday Spotlight is where I feature another book blogger, for you to check out! You should take a look at their site and leave a comment. (: [I got this meme from Kristen.]

Name: Christie
Age: 30
Blog Name: The Fiction Enthusiast
URL: http://thefictionenthusiast.blogspot.com/

Share a little bit about yourself:
I’m a stay at home mom of three (super cute) kids and my (fantastic) husband is in the Air Force. I grew up in Virginia but now I move at the whims of the U.S Government. We’ve lived in Alaska, Tennessee, Germany and now Louisiana. I love reading, photography, yoga, jogging, The Sims and baking.

How long have you been blogging and what made you want to start?
I started blogging about 2 months ago. We recently relocated to a very small town in the middle of nowhere. Everyone advised me to find a hobby to help keep my sanity. I had been toying with the idea of starting a book blog for about a year but wasn’t sure how to begin. One day I started scouring the web for info on starting a new blog and now here we are. I’m so glad I did! I am having a great time and regret not starting sooner.

What does your site have?
I read and review mainly books that have some type of paranormal element in the plot but I occasionally step outside of my comfort zone and read/review other genres.

What is your favorite thing about book blogging?
I love meeting others who share my love of reading. Most of my family and friends aren’t readers so it is great to have an outlet to discuss books I love.

What are your favorite books and/or authors? What about genre in general?
I absolutely love The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, Anything by Patricia Briggs, Charlaine Harris, Jeaniene Frost or Richelle Mead. My favorite genres are Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy (Adult and Young Adult). I also have a newfound love for post-apocalyptic fiction and books with zombies. I <3>

Now for the random questions!
What's your favorite ice cream topping?
Caramel! Stick a gooey chocolate brownie on the bottom and you have a very happy girl :)

Scariest horror movie you've ever seen?
Saw. I couldn’t even finish watching it because I was so disturbed.

What's something you really want to do before you die?
Cruise the British Isles.

Thank you so much for interviewing me!
I hope you’re having a fabulous day!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions! Any of you who aren't followers of Caitlin's site yet - what are you waiting for!?

If you would like to be featured on a Saturday Spotlight post, shoot me an email at booksobsession(at)gmail(dot)com
It doesn't matter how long you've been blogging - I'll interview anyone!

3 comments:

  1. She sounds like a great person! I love Carmel too! I think Saw is scary too but there are some others I just shudder to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic interview! Christie sounds like so much fun. I will definitely be paying her blog a visit right now. And yeah think Saw was pretty scary. I never got around to watching the other movies in the series, I was too freaked out hehe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for interviewing me! It was lots of fun :)

    Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!