Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cover Look-alike (1)




What I Wore To Save the World by Maryrose Wood
or
Taurus Eyes by Bonnie Hill?

Same exact model, but I like the first cover better. I like how they incorporated illustration with photography - and the effects are awesome. However, now that I'm aware that her hand is not really her own hand, I realize how awkward it looks on the cover. It's not even the same shade of her skin tone! But I still like the first cover more since it's colorful and fun.

Opinions, anyone?

10 comments:

  1. Well, I like the second one. But then I like things simple and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of them. Colours and simplicity are great. But I don't like the fact that, since it's the same model, they used the same pose, it looks as if they almost used the same photo. Maybe they could have tried a different pose for TE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I've seen this lookalike at Pop Culture Junkie. What bothers me is that the people in charge of the book cover, buy the pictures, instead of taking some on their own (actually some do), but most don't. It's like it isn't that important to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked both, but I definitely liked the first one more. The extra designs made it more fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know. I like both of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the second one is better. Clean and simple is always attractive

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them both...the extra design on the left cover are really pretty. but I love the colors of the right cover. It's a tie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw this picture in a newspaper ad for a hair salon! (Australian)
    I took a screenshot: http://img535.imageshack.us/i/p0604101345.jpg/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha oh my gosh, thanks for sharing! That's so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GOSH!
    Same model, same pose!
    Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!