Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I want to apologize


Yesterday I wrote a post with a little snip-it of the cover of a book, from a Cover Contest. I simply asked if anyone knew what book it was from. To be honest, it didn't even occur to me that I may have been cheating.

I had searched and searched so hard for what that book was. I literally spent hours just trying to find that last cover; I had figured out all the rest! So it seemed like a waste to just give up after spending my entire afternoon on the Cover Contest. That's why I made that post yesterday asking for help. It was like my last chance. And to tell you guys the truth, I didn't even think anyone would see it or comment on it. I barely ever get comments when I really want them, so I was surprised at the number of people that did! The majority of the comments said how I was a cheater, shame on me, tsk tsk, etc. And it made me feel really bad! I definitely don't want everyone thinking that I have to cheat in order to win - because I wasn't even aware that I was cheating. Some of you may still look down on me or something, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Sorry I did that. Sorry I "shamed" some of you. Sorry I'm not perfect. It won't happen again.

I already feel judged enough at school, and I don't want it to travel to here, on the blogosphere, too. Sometimes when I come home, I feel like this blog is all I have left. Because on here, no one is mean or hurtful - especially to my face. I don't want to lose that safe feeling I get while I'm on here, where I feel like I can just speak my mind even though barely anyone is even listening. It may seem very small to you guys, but it means so much to me. Thanks! :)

13 comments:

  1. ((((HUGS)))) I have no idea...but you sound like you need a (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was kind of mean really of everyone to call you names. There is so much going on in our lives and you have an active and awesome blog that I know it happens to me when I just flake out and do something that I didn't realize would have those kinds of consequences!

    Big hugs! And shame on the people who think you are a cheater! People need to realize that no matter what their first reaction is to something things might not always be as they seem! I am sure an e-mail to you expressing their thoughts of your post would have been a little more appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm so sorry! It's terrible that people called you such names. I had some trouble with it too but I got them all! Hope you did too! A hint: she mentions ALL of the books/covers/authors in her posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm sorry that happened to you. Just keep your head up. I can't stand people who judge, just know you're better than that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistakes happen hon. I think most of us understand! Keep your head up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No big deal!
    I'll admit, a few of those covers were rather tricky!
    I don't even think it was cheating necessarily... blogging is a great way to make friends, right? I don't know about you, but I know that I've certainly made some great friends online! My point is this:you were only asking your friends for some help. It may or may not have been "cheating" but no way should you need to apologize! :)
    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. FUCK those snobs!! All bloggers are moochers anyways =) All they want is free books and they've developed a superiority complex. Guess what? They're not even great people. They're nasty, have no style, often overweight, etc... they are NOBODY to judge you!!! FUCK THEM. seriously! being all those things i listed is fine (except nasty) but who are you to judge? NObody can pass judgement even if you're a saint. so again FUCK THEM... bang to the beat of their own drum. they need to stop taking this shit so seriously. they are NOBODIES! they couldnt hold a light to the talent of the authors and b/c they're soooooooOOoooOooo insecure they need to be dumb and think they're all that WELL THEY'RE NOT. their sites get shit views compared to REAL sites... so fuck them fuck them fuck them!!!!!!! THEY SUCK those assholes makin u feel that way FUCK THEM they dare do that

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you got bloggy hate over asking for help! I knew the cover and told you what it was - I honestly didn't think about why you needed to know and I didn't care :) Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a bunch guys - I'm super surprised at these comments I've gotten.

    And to the anonymous comment, uh thanks I guess? But there's no need to be mean back. There are so many great, awesome bloggers out there too you know! No need to put them all under the bus like that or else it will make you look bad too. Just be nice! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just kidding with my comment which is why I added the :P and the lol's. Hope you didn't think I was one of the ones being mean and I'm sorry that other people were so rude to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the post and felt that the comments i saw were in a fun/friendly nature. People didn't have to give you the name of the book if they didn't want to. Plus you may of inadvertantly helped others struggling on that book which isn't a bad thing.
    Chin up, we learn from mistakes.
    Have a better day today.

    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Head up. Everyone has a snafu here and there. You have a ton of great blog followers that appreciate the time and effort you put into your blog. Trust me, as an author and a blogger, you'd be surprised at how mean spectators can be, but don't let it stop the great work you are doing here. I follow and read all of the blogs I follow daily. I truly enjoy them as I do yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't see any of the comments but sorry for your experience. It can be painful but I always figure that people who choose to be nasty are miserable themselves. So leave them to their unhappiness and move on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!