Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday: A Little Wanting Song


This week's WoW book is A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley! It will be released on June 8, 2010.

Book Description:

Charlie Duskin loves music, and she knows she's good at it. But she only sings when she's alone, on the moonlit porch or in the back room at Old Gus's Secondhand Record and CD Store. Charlie's mom and grandmother have both died, and this summer she's visiting her grandpa in the country, surrounded by ghosts and grieving family, and serving burgers to the local kids at the milk bar. She's got her iPod, her guitar, and all her recording equipment, but she wants more: A friend. A dad who notices her. The chance to show Dave Robbie that she's not entirely unspectacular.

Rose Butler lives next door to Charlie's grandfather and spends her days watching cars pass on the freeway and hanging out with her troublemaker boyfriend. She loves Luke but can't wait to leave their small country town. And she's figured out a way: she's won a scholarship to a science school in the city, and now she has to convince her parents to let her go. This is where Charlie comes in. Charlie, who lives in the city, and whom Rose has ignored for years. Charlie, who just might be Rose's ticket out. Told in alternating voices and filled with music, friendship, and romance, Charlie and Rose's "little wanting song" is about the kind of longing that begins as a heavy ache but ultimately makes us feel hopeful and wonderfully alive.

Wow this one sounds spectacular! I don't like the cover, but it's okay because the summary definitely over rules it. Can't wait to read this one.
PUBLISHED ON JUNE 8, 2010!

5 comments:

  1. I am actually kind of in love with this cover. Not sure what it is exactly, maybe the color contrast.

    I've never heard of this, but it sounds really interesting. Will add to the TBR pile. I love when WoW covers books that are a little less hyped up. (I'm guilty of not doing that this week, but I'm really excited about a hyped book, what can I say?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see, I actually love the cover and was somewhat underwhelmed by the summary. It's amazing how opinions differ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of this one that I MUST get read... I actually like the cover. Well, I like the color added in... I'm not sure how I feel about the cover model yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks really interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I've heard about this one and boy does it sound fantastic! I will have to added it to my list right now. Great pick =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!