Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday: God Is In the Pancakes


This week's WoW book is God Is In the Pancakes by Robin Epstein! It will be released on May 13, 2010.

Book Description:

Fifteen-year-old Grace Manning is a candy striper in a nursing home, and Mr. Sands is the one patient who makes the job bearable. He keeps up with her sarcasm, teaches her to play poker . . . and one day cheerfully asks her to help him die. At first Grace says no way, but as Mr. Sands’s disease progresses, she’s not so sure. Grace tries to avoid the wrenching decision by praying for a miracle, stuffing herself with pancakes, and running away from all feelings, including the new ones she has for her best friend Eric. But Mr. Sands is getting worse, and she can’t avoid him forever. Robin Epstein has delivered an incredibly engaging, thought-provoking debut YA novel, with all the snappy dialogue and attitude of the movie Juno.

Wow this sounds like a quirky but interesting book. Just the title alone captured my attention, and I really would like to check this one out.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 13, 2010!

3 comments:

  1. I have seen this one, but frankly the cover did NOT catch my attention so I did not read the synopsis - BAD ME, I need to learn - this one sounds REALLY good...I love the synopsis, if I hate the cover - Great pick! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh, the title is all i need to know that i would love to check this one out! thanks for the heads up!

    Mine's here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this one looks really good. Honestly, I don't know if I can read it b/c it seems like it will be sad, but it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!