Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour


This week's WoW book is Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson! It will be released on May 4, 2010.

Book Description:

Amy Curry thinks her life sucks. Her mom decides to move from California to Connecticut to start anew--just in time for Amy's senior year. Her dad recently died in a car accident. So Amy embarks on a road trip to escape from it all, driving cross-country from the home she's always known toward her new life. Joining Amy on the road trip is Roger, the son of Amy's mother's old friend. Amy hasn't seen him in years, and she is less than thrilled to be driving across the country with a guy she barely knows. So she's surprised to find that she is developing a crush on him. At the same time, she's coming to terms with her father's death and how to put her own life back together after the accident. Told in traditional narrative as well as scraps from the road--diner napkins, motel receipts, postcards--this is the story of one girl's journey to find herself.

First of all, LOVE this cover! This looks like a cute and enjoyable read, I love reading books about road trips. I'll definitely be getting my hands on a copy of this one.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 4, 2010!

7 comments:

  1. Aw it sounds cute! I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this one next! I'll let you know how it is, but I have high hopes for it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! This looks like a sweet and fun read. Kind of reminds me of a Nick and Norah type book :).

    Here is mine if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks great. I love the cover too! Yay for road trips! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds cute, and an AMAZING cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover too as well as reading about road trips. This is a must read for me as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, too, I love reading books about road trips! I'm always inspired to take "the" road trip when the book is done. This looks so cute!

    Check out my WoW here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!