As if transferring senior year weren't hard enough, Charlotte Locke has been bumped to lower level classes at her new school. With no friends, a terrible math SAT score, and looming college application deadlines, the future is starting to seem like an oncoming train for which she has no ticket. Then Amanda enters her orbit like a hot-pink meteor, offering Charlotte a ticket to something else: popularity. Amanda is fearless, beautiful, brilliant, and rich. As her new side kick, Charlotte is brought into the elite clique of the debate team—and closer to Neal, Amanda's equally brilliant friend and the most perfect boy Charlotte has ever seen. But just when senior year is looking up, Charlotte’s life starts to crumble. The more things heat up between Charlotte and Neal, the more Neal wants to hide their relationship. Is he ashamed? Meanwhile, Amanda is starting to act strangely competitive, and she's keeping a secret Charlotte doesn't want to know. Published on May 3, 2011.
So TWO winners. Start guessing! One comment per person. Open to the USA only.
2) I never went to New York City
3) I never was turned away from the advanced classes at my high school
4) I never had a superstar younger brother
5) I never went on a mushroom hunting field trip
6) I never joined my high school's debate team
7) I never had a learning disability
8) I never had a manipulative fat tabby cat
9) I never had a crush on a younger boy
Thank you so much for the fun contest, Alexa!