Saturday, May 14, 2011

MMM: Alexa Martin + Contest


CONTEST CLOSED



As if transferring senior year weren't hard enough, Charlotte Locke has been bumped to lower level classes at her new school. With no friends, a terrible math SAT score, and looming college application deadlines, the future is starting to seem like an oncoming train for which she has no ticket. Then Amanda enters her orbit like a hot-pink meteor, offering Charlotte a ticket to something else: popularity. Amanda is fearless, beautiful, brilliant, and rich. As her new side kick, Charlotte is brought into the elite clique of the debate team—and closer to Neal, Amanda's equally brilliant friend and the most perfect boy Charlotte has ever seen. But just when senior year is looking up, Charlotte’s life starts to crumble. The more things heat up between Charlotte and Neal, the more Neal wants to hide their relationship. Is he ashamed? Meanwhile, Amanda is starting to act strangely competitive, and she's keeping a secret Charlotte doesn't want to know. Published on May 3, 2011.

Guest post and contest by Alexa Martin, author of Girl Wonder

It's amazing to me how many of my readers try to guess which parts of Girl Wonder are inspired by real life. Sometime I fess up, sometimes it's more fun to make my readers guess! So just for fun, let's play a game of "I Never."

Rules:
One of these statements is actually true. The first reader to guess which of the below NEVER HAPPENED to this author wins a free copy of Girl Wonder! Just leave a comment with which statement you think is false, along with your email. The second person to guess correctly will win some swag (bookmarks, postcards, stickers, etc) that I've been meaning to give away.
So TWO winners. Start guessing! One comment per person. Open to the USA only.

1) I never caught an alligator with a grab net
2) I never went to New York City
3) I never was turned away from the advanced classes at my high school
4) I never had a superstar younger brother
5) I never went on a mushroom hunting field trip
6) I never joined my high school's debate team
7) I never had a learning disability
8) I never had a manipulative fat tabby cat
9) I never had a crush on a younger boy
10) I never spent the night in a room with a snake

Thank you so much for the fun contest, Alexa!

FIND ALEXA ONLINE: Website | Goodreads
ORDER THIS BOOK ONLINE: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Indie Bound

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, I don't have the slightest idea, but I'm going to go with #10. I'm probably wrong though. :)

    Orchid
    The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia
    hauntingorchid(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is number #1. Fun contest.

    lizzi0915 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to guess #2.
    tuningintoyabooks(at) gmail (dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to guess 7
    drakebdog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to guess #3, this is a fun contest.

    korra_950@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a correct answer and winner! I emailed them and they will receive their copy of GIRL WONDER.

    However, if someone else can guess the correct answer, they will be the runner up and will win a bunch of cool swag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the previous comments narrow it down quite a bit, but I think I would still go with #2 either way. Just because it seems relatively normal among the rest, haha. Thanks for the interesting giveaway! I might try a game of two lies and a truth next time I hold a giveaway, just for fun. :)

    booksatmidnight(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Correct Jenn! Guess number 2 is correct, so I'll email you about getting that swag prize to you. :)

    Thank you for those that entered this contest! It is now over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!