Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - My Love Affair With Books


Saturday Spotlight is where I feature another book blogger for you to check out! You should take a look at their site and leave a comment. (: [I got this meme from Kristen.]

Name: Misha
Age: 20
Blog Name: My Love Affair With Books
URL:http://books-love-affair.blogspot.com/

Share a little bit about yourself:
hmm..I find this the hardest part because I never know what to say. I will try. I am Misha, from New Delhi, India. People are often surprised to know that I am a book blogger from India .Indians are often perceived as "exotic" people from an "exotic" land .I am currently doing my Postgrad in Psychology. Apart from the fact that I am a crazy bibliophile , I love music, movies and daydreaming! I am a little bit of a feminist.Oh! And I am in love with Ian Somerhalder (Damon in Vampire Diaries). I am terrified of 1.Reptiles 2.Flying 3.Ghosts (if they exist...and I am still not sure)

How long have you been blogging and what made you want to start?
I am an infant when it comes to book blogging. I started my blog on 29th July. I wanted to blog because I can talk endlessly about books and I love anything to do with books.

What does your site have?
Reviews of books of different genres, memes, contests, upcoming author guestposts and my ramblings ofcourse....I already have a contest running. It ends on Sept 2nd.

What are your favorite things about book blogging?
1. Giving my opinion about books
2. Getting a chance to interact with authors , other bloggers and book lovers
3.Participating in fun memes

What are your favorite books and/or authors? What about genre in general?
I am a very eclectic reader. My favorite genres are literary fiction, YA fiction, Historical fiction, gothic suspense and fantasy. My favorite authors are Sarah Dunant, Jane Austen,Libba Bray, Margaret Atwood, Catherine O'Flynn,Joyce Carol Oates, Anne Tyler, Carol Goodman, Donna Tartt, Kate Morton, Melissa Marr, Kiersten Miller, Philippa Gregory, Alison Weir, Barbara Vine, Lucy Christopher and Sarah Waters ! Whew!

Now for the random questions!
Best thing you've done this summer? Started blogging!

Favorite movie you've seen this year? I loved Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. I love every movie which Tim Burton and Johnny depp have made together.

What's the best flavor of ice cream? BlackCurrant

Have a favorite cartoon character? Spongebob!

Anything else you want to say? Thank you for having me here!

If you would like to be featured on a Saturday Spotlight post, shoot me an email at booksobsession(at)gmail(dot)com
It doesn't matter how long you've been blogging - I'll interview anyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo. Black currant ice cream. I've never heard of it, but it sounds fantastic! Thanks for letting us know more about you! Off to check out your blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!